메뉴 바로가기
주메뉴 바로가기
컨텐츠 바로가기

비쥬얼

The Garden of Naturalsolution

The Garden of Naturalsolution is a leading company in the natural cosmetic ingredients market in Korea.
It specializes in the development and supply of an extensive range of natural ingredients for cosmetic
and food industries since 2004.

컨텐츠

Products

Eggplant Extract-NS

제품 상세 테이블
Common name Aubergine
Scientific name Solanum melongena
INCI name Solanum Melongena (Eggplant) Fruit Extract
Korean Cosmetic ingredient name 가지열매추출물
Used part Fruit /
Potential benefits in cosmetics anti-oxidant / anti-inflammatory /
Known active compounds arginine, lanosterol, graisterol, aspartic acid
Plant Story

Solanum melongena is a tropical perennial plant originating from India. It is cultivated mainly for its fruit, which are known as eggplant in North America and Australia. In Britain, it is called aubergine and in South Asia and South Africa, it is called brinjal. Nowadays, eggplant is widely cultivated throughout the world as a vegetable crop. The raw fruit has a bitter and astringent taste, but it becomes tender and rich when it’s cooked. It is steamed, stir-fried, or pan-fried in Korea and eaten as a side dish. In India or Bangladesh, it is roasted, skinned, mashed, or mixed with other vegetables or spices. Eggplant is composed mostly of water: about 92% of raw eggplant is water. The other 8% is carbohydrates, proteins, fat, vitamins, and minerals.

 

Eggplant is one of the top ten vegetables that have shown strong capacity for oxygen radical absorbance and it is also known as an abundant source of polyphenol compounds. The skin of eggplant has a higher amount of polyphenols and flavonoids than the pulp. A study has shown that the thermal treatment of eggplant increased anti-oxidant activity.